Comic-Con was a freakin’ Doctor Who fest for me! Unfortunately, after waiting in line for nearly 2 hours on Sunday morning, I didn’t draw a winning ticket to get into the Doctor Who signing. Booo. 😦
On the bright side, I walked away with some awesome Doctor Who swag. 😀
- Dalek coin bank. I couldn’t find a little Dalek or Cyberman action figure, and stumbled upon this coin bank and thought, “Close enough!” I’ve already dumped my spare change in it.
- 11th Doctor + River Song’s Sonic Screwdrivers. Now I can coordinate outfits with Sonic Screwdrivers!
- Water color doodle by Katie Cook. She’s the bestest. If you’re at a convention, and Katie Cook is there, you must, MUST, get yo ass to her booth. Her little water color doodles are only $5 and you can ask her to make whatever you want.
- Doctor Mew print and buttons. I’ve seen this cat art on Tumblr before and found that the artist, Jenny Parks, had a booth at Con this year! I couldn’t resist nabbing a print and buttons for myself and Tim! My favorite is the 11th Doctor in a fez.
- BBC America Comic-Con exclusive shirt. I had a bit of buyer’s remorse after I purchased it. I just felt weird not buying anything at the BBC America booth, but I have come to love it. 🙂
One thing I’m sad about is this:
[courtesy of BBC America/Anglophenia]
On Saturday, while I was roaming around the exhibit hall, Matt Smith and Karen Gillan showed up at the BBC America booth! I have no idea where I was when this happened. #@()#()_@*$$&%&&%*#!!+($(! It would’ve been cool to say that I saw the Doctor and Amy Pond with my own eyeballs, y’know? Oh well. I do not own a TARDIS or a Time Turner, so there’s nothing I can do about it.
3 thoughts on “Who-Licious”
I LOVE the Doctor Mew stuff 😀 Awesome.
There are no words that can encapsulate the awesomeness of this post. 😀
oh my! so much doctor who goodness! wish i coudl have just been there to get some of that sawg so don’t feel too bad that you missed the Doctor sighting at the bbc booth.