‘ello all! Christmas has rendered me completely exhausted hence my absence from the interwebs… or this blog of mine anyway. But I’m back! I hope you all had a super fabulous Christmas (that is, if you celebrate it) and got some really fantastic thing-a-ma-jigs from your loved ones! I know I did!!! 🙂
I ended up celebrating Christmas with my mom’s side of the family in town on Christmas Eve, and then on Christmas day my parents and I headed to Redondo Beach to celebrate with my dad’s side of the family (most of them live in SoCal), and I got to see my sister! But the best part of both celebrations is that my family and I were utterly stylish in our “ugly” Christmas sweaters from Skip N’ Whistle.
You may recall that I had a post awhile ago talking about my amazing unicorn holiday sweater. If not, you can take a looksie here.
We had to wait until Christmas day to take a complete family photo, but my mom was pretty excited to take family pictures with our boyfriends! So there’s one of me and Tim from the NorCal Christmas celebration and one of my older sister, Nikki, and her boyfriend, Ryan, at the SoCal one.
Aren’t we all so effing adorable?!
Wearing these silly sweaters just might become a family holiday tradition. 😀
Sweater: Skip ‘N Whistle // Glasses: Derek Cardigan // Rory’s Sweater: Martha Stewart for Petsmart
Sooo… a few days ago I had a post that said I was nominated for the Liebster Award, and there are certain things that nominees are supposed to do when… er, nominated. One thing is to state 11 random facts about yourself. I totally forgot to do that in my little Liebster Award post, so I’m gonna list them here!
But before I get into that, check out my unicorn holiday pullover! Isn’t it all kinds of adorbz?! My mom got herself, my dad, and my sister matching sweaters too from Fab.com (they’re by this company based in New Orleans called Skip N’ Whistle) so we could wear them on Christmas. My sister and I will be wearing unicorns while my parents will rock snowmen. Our Christmas pictures are gonna be HELLA EPIC.
Okay, back to bidness. Random facts about moi in 3…2…1…
- I don’t wear pink on my birthday. Nothing on me can be pink. NOTHING. Even the tags of my clothes or my chonies (TMI?) can be pink. It’s a superstitious thing that started when I was 17.
- I’m obsessed with Disney. ALL THINGS DISNEY!
- I was in the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers official fan club when I was in 3rd grade. SABERTOOTH TIGER!
- Hanson stole my concert virginity at the tender age of 11.
- I don’t like odd numbers unless they’re divisible by 5. I only make exceptions for 1 and 21 because 21 is 12 the other way around (12 is my lucky number) and 1 equates to my birthday month.
- I’m not crazy about my last name, so I tend to use my middle name (Penalosa) in its place.
- I have an affinity for carousel horses. Or I guess I have an affinity for anything horse-related (thank you, My Little Pony!), but I love carousels. And the first piece of writing I ever had published was an essay in which I compared life to a carousel ride. In case you’re curious, it can be read here.
- If I don’t like the way a store display looks I will change it until I am satisfied. O.C.D. much?
- I originally wanted to study and major in graphic design because I wanted to start my own line of tees and accessories with characters I used to doodle — kind of like Paul Frank or Gama-Go.
- My parents thought I would become a dentist because I loved yanking my loose teeth out when I was little. I think I was just anxious to get my monies from
my mom the tooth fairy.
- I hate horror movies not just because I’m chicken poop, but when something scary happens my automatic reaction is to cover my face, but I do it so fast that I end up bitch slapping myself.
Oh, Rory. He was not having any of this picture taking bull sh!t.
And in case you’re wondering: yes, that is a Yoda tree topper. And yes, that is a Nagel print hanging in the back. SO 80s! Don’tcha just love how random our decor is?