Hey my little ponies! I hope the New Year has been treating you all well so far. We’re 8 days into it already, can you believe it? O__O
I’m aware that many people make resolutions at the start of each year, myself included, and sometimes we break them. *raises hand* My goals for the year are to do things to better myself — be more active (I walk/jogged for 2 miles at the gym yesterday… ugh), and read and write more (I’ve been journaling quite a bit since last month) — maybe even do something that scares me. What that is, I’m not sure yet. But I think I’m off to fairly decent start.
My friends Jennifer and Shanice told me that they made a resolution to not buy any new clothing including shoes AT ALL this year except for bras and undies, and also thrifted items if they’re $7 and under. So they asked if I’d like to get in on it too. Being a fashion blogger I thought, “What will this mean for my blog? What about outfit posts? And wish lists?” And then I remembered I hardly posted any last year and I have a closet full of pretty dresses you’ve all yet to see! And wish lists posts are just that — wishes. It doesn’t mean I’m going to get anything I put on them. And this is going to be good for my wallet because I spent way too much on clothes last year. I don’t even wanna think about how much money I could’ve saved!
This’ll be a quite a challenge because I often found solace in shopping, but I can focus all that energy into things that will make me better.
Have any of you made any resolutions this year?
The end of 2012 is nigh! Or at least for folks on my side of the world. To those who are already celebrating the new year, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Tim and I are having a Star Wars marathon to welcome 2013. 🙂
Anyhow, while thinking of things to list in my annual ‘Year-in-Review’ post I thought that maybe I shouldn’t focus on the past, but look ahead and think of what I hope to accomplish during the upcoming year. As Albus Dumbledore once said to a young Harry Potter, “It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” Um… that’s pretty similar to not looking back on the past and living in the now and all that good stuff, right? No? Okay. I just really wanted to make a Harry Potter reference. 😛
Here’s a list of some of the things I hope to accomplish in 2013 (in no particular order):
- Get back into writing fiction and non-fiction.
- Read at least 12 books. That’s one book a month — I should be able to manage that!
- Find a legit job, preferably one that is not in Stockton.
- Move out of Stockton. This is a MUST!
- Experiment in new jewelry making mediums — I’m looking into paper clay and upcycling toys to be used as pendents 🙂
- Get more serious with my Etsy store and blog — more jewelry, more posts! And networking like cray-cray.
- Sell my jewelry at a nerdy convention or arts & crafts faire. I’m on the waiting list for a show in March, but I don’t want to give too many details about it because I’m afraid I might jinx it.
- Start vlogging.
- Get rid of things I don’t need in my room so I’ll actually have a place to vlog and have less anxiety over all my crap.
- Go on holiday outside of California. Portland, I’ve got my eye on you!
- Lose 30+ lbs. I lost a lot of weight early last year and gained it all back (and thensome) at the end. AH! I’d be lying if I said this isn’t for vanity reasons, but I want to be healthy too! And it’d be nice to be able to run just in case the Doctor happens to pop by. Gotta do lots of running with that man! <– sorry I’m not sorry for talking about Doctor Who.
2012 was full of great things, but I’m ready to see what’s in store for 2013!
Happy New Year, y’all!!! 😀