Hey my little ponies! I’ve been absent from le blog for a bit because…
- Both of my jobs are keeping me busy. Way too busy, in my opinion. But hey, mama needs $$$
- Number 1 has kept me away from doing outfit shoots. 😦
- In my spare time I’ve been working on new necklaces for my Etsy store, which has been rebranded as Le Fancy Geek Boutique! 🙂
For those that follow me on Instagram, you already knew about #3 as I’ve been posting photos of my latest creations every so often. I’m really excited with the way they’re turning out! I promise they don’t look all blurry like they do in the picture above though. I still need to tweak with the other designs I came up with. My 11th Doctor and Rory images printed out too dark and the Stormtrooper’s head needs to be reduced in size since the glass magnifies the image a bit. <— that sounds like gibberish. o,0
And there are still some other non-bezel pieces that I need to work on before I open up shop again. I have some little Lego looking Doctor Who toys that I’m going to be making necklaces out of just in time for the 50th anniversary!
Do you see any of your favorite characters in there?
I’m an extremely sentimental person. Maybe too sentimental? I mean, I like to take note of momentous occasions and make a REALLY big deal about them. Case in point: the first day I took Rory home to live with me! Yesterday marked his two-year homecoming anniversary, so I just wanted to take a minute to say how much joy he’s brought to me in the last two years. I wasn’t in a very good place before I adopted him (I moved back home after finishing college, had multiple falling-outs with people I considered to be my best friends, and dealt with stress induced illnesses), but once he came things all seemed to go upwards from there.
It’s been a dream of mine to have a dog since I was probably 4 years-old, and I don’t think I could’ve asked for a more perfect fluffy companion. Rory’s vivacious to the max, terribly goofy and odd (Tim and I joke that those traits prove that he’s definitely our “kid”), super lovable, and über loyal. My parents like to do this thing where they pretend to hit me to see what Rory’s reaction will be and he’s always on the defense and tries to protect me. You totally know it’s love when your dog will try to bite your mother because they think she’s trying to hurt you. And he’s always there to greet me whenever I come home from work! I particularly find it adorable when I go up to him and he immediately rolls onto his back — the universal dog sign for “gimme belly rubs, please!” Even when I get home really late and he’s too tired to run up to me, his tail will still wag like crazy as he lays comfortably on his big ole bed in the living room 🙂
Either that or he’ll see me and runaway because he wants me to play by chasing him around.
Here’s to many more years with my little albino ewok. ♡
I’m so sorry to keep you all anxiously waiting for me to announce the winner of the second bag for my Back-to-School LeSportsac giveaway, my little ponies! I kicked it old school again by drawing a name out of a bowl and the lucky winner is Alana!!! Congrats, girl! Please be sure to email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours with an address for me to send your brand spankin’ new bag to 😀
Thank you to all who entered and to LeSportsac for allowing me to gift my readers with awesome purses! ♡
Hello my little ponies! I was tagged on one of those “20 Things About Me” memes on Instagram by Ninjabutterfly awhile ago, so I figured I’d post it here rather than on Instagram so it won’t take up so much space on any of my follower’s Instagram feeds 🙂
- I don’t really need to wear glasses all the time (I have a very light prescription for reading), but I choose to wear them anyway because my face feels terribly naked without them.
- I can sing along to 95% of the Miss Saigon soundtrack.
- The Disney and Motown stations are my favorites to listen to on Pandora.
- The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland always freaked me because death is a scary concept to me, but I actually enjoy it now.
- My Top 5 favorite Disney Princesses are: Snow White, Belle, Ariel, Jasmine, and Rapunzel.
- Puppies and ponies are my favorite animals.
- I’ve been to many, many *NSYNC concerts. So many that I don’t even know the exact amount. My guess is 8.
- I may or may not have teared up a little when Justin Timberlake said he was sharing his Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award with the rest of the *NSYNC boys at the VMAs.
- I feel horribly embarrassed for characters in TV shows and movies when they do something stupid — I actually feel uncomfortable and sometimes need to avert my eyes from the screen to avoid feeling more embarrassment.
- I started watching Breaking Bad earlier this year, but it’s hard for me to watch because it stresses me out!
- I want Anna Kendrick and Karen Gillan to be my BFFs because I think we can all be goofy together. Our besties name would be Anna Karenina. <– awesome, right?!
- I love shopping, but I abhor shopping for bras. I think it’s the worst.
- I have books personally signed by Joshua Braff (The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green) and Neil Gaiman (The Ocean at the End of the Lane).
- The last physical album I bought was The Blessed Unrest by Sara Bareilles.
- My two favorite scents are freshly baked cookies and books.
- My favorite Beatles song is “Eleanor Rigby.”
- Tom Hanks is my favorite actor of all time.
- John Krasinski has been one of my ultimate celebrity crushes for the longest time, but I’ve never seen a full season of The Office besides the first one. I know. I KNOW. That’s weird.
- I prefer Greek mythology to Roman mythology because I think they have spiffier names.
- I like watching shows about weddings like Say Yes to the Dress, My Fair Wedding, and Four Weddings while I hula hoop. Oh, and What Not to Wear (even though I think they basically dress every person the same way) as well!
If you list 20 things about yourself on one of your blog posts, put a link to it down below in the comments section! I love to learn about my readers 🙂
PS: In case you’re wondering, my Darth Vader dress is by Her Universe. You can get one here!