Greetings and salutations to whoever happens to be reading this. I hope you had a swell holiday season and avoided having to put on “present face” due to lame gifts. Luckily that didn’t happen to me this year! And if you don’t celebrate any holidays, then I hope you had a swell month… or something like that. Yeah. Okay then… *awkward glance to the floor*
And if you happen to be in a part of the world that has already rung in the new year, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Every year I write some sort of year in review on one of my many blog forums with a bullet point list of things that have happened, or things I accomplished throughout the year. So I shall post the happenings of 2011 here:
- I was able to officially say that I am having a quarter life crisis (turned 25 in January)
- I went ice skating for the first time since I was a kid
- Got re-acquainted with my pal Marcos, and met my [America] internet BFF Audrey for the first time!
- Started volunteering at SPD Books in Berkeley
- Had a lightsaber battle with Tim in the park (with a lightsaber he bought me for my birthday, see picture above)
- Got a job (twas temporary)
- Saw Neil Gaiman at WonderCon for the Doctor Who panel!
- Read One Day by David Nicholls and cried my eyes out
- Finally watched a show at the Warfield AND finally saw Broken Social Scene live. Also went to a legit Sara Bareilles show!
- Started this blog!
- Let go of someone I cared about for a really long time because I finally acknowledged the fact that they didn’t care that much about me
- Lost some important friendships over misunderstandings
- Did the whole graduation ceremony thing at SFSU
- Finally went to Disneyland and the Walt Disney Family Museum with Tim!
- Dressed up as a Hogwarts schoolgirl for the last Harry Potter movie
- Started driving!
- Vacationed with Jen, Shanice, and Thomas in Monterey
- Got my very first puppy, Rory. ❤
- Opened my own Etsy store and sold handmade jewelry
- Tim and I effed up our friendship by falling for each other (in other words, I GOTS ME A MAN!) ❤
2011 has been a whirlwind of emotions (mostly sad ones), but I’m glad that it’s ending on a happy note. 😀