Hey my little ponies! I just wanted to send out a quick little Happy Halloween greeting to you all! I was supposed to dress as Hipster Princess Leia with Rory as my Wicket, but my costume ended up not going the way I wanted it to. And I have absolutely zero plans for today, sooo… oh well!
Anyhow, whatever you’re doing, I hope you have a fantastic and safe Halloween. 😀
Welcome to another Wookiee Wednesday! Ever since Force Friday, us Star Wars fangirls (and boys) have been bombarded with all kinds of superb clothes and accessories from various different companies to fulfill our geeky fashion needs. To say it’s been seriously overwhelming is an understatement. I am constantly having to tell myself to cool my jet-packs (heh) and put my wallet away. There’s just soooOoOoOoo MUCH to chose from! What’s a fangirl to do?!
I started getting a little overwhelmed when choosing which accessories and whatnot to feature, but then I decided to narrow it down on things from the lighter side of the Force. I’m always “dark side this, and dark side that,” so I think it’s time to restore some balance on the blog. 🙂
1. Han Solo purse by Sent From Mars | 2. R2D2 necklace from HSN
3. Chewbacca raglan from JCPenney| 4. Wicket purse by Loungefly
5. BB-8 t-shirt by Fifth Sun | 6. R2-D2 heels by Irregular Choice
- I am a self professed bag hag and huge Han Solo fan, so when I saw this Han purse by Sent From Mars my fangirl heart exploded! The details are insane! I am so willing to get rid of all my basic black purses to make room for this one in my collection.
- Is this the droid I’ve been looking for? ME THINKS SO. After Her Universe announced that they would have some merch on HSN, I took a look online afterwards and saw that they have some gorgeous Star Wars jewelry, including this blingy R2 necklace. — insert heart eye emojis —
- JC Penney is slayin’ it with their Star Wars apparel right now! I have a couple of tees that I picked up there, but this Chewie raglan was nowhere to be found in my size while I was shopping. For now, I shall just admire it from afar.
- Novelty purses are so much fun, so I’m so excited that Loungefly has been coming out with tons of cute ones as of late. When I saw this Wicket one pop up online a few weeks ago I nearly choked on my spit from gasping so violently at the site of it because OMG LOOK AT HOW CUTE IT IS!!!!!
- Soooo, I actually own this BB-8 tee! I bought it from Fifth Sun after they released a bunch of new Force Awakens tees since they were having a sale. The movie hasn’t even come out yet and everyone already loves BB-8. But really, how could you not?
- I’m not a high heels kind of girl. If I’m going to some extra oomph in my step I prefer wedges because they’re more stable. BUT HOLY EFFIN’ SPACE BALLS. These shoes by Irregular Choice have R2 on them!!!! I’ve been a long admirer of the quirky unicorn Irregular Choice heels ModCloth always seems to have in stock, but these R2 ones? Stop it. JUST STOP. I love how they’re so gaudy, girly, and utterly geeky. Those are all my favorite things rolled into one item! Waaaaannnntttt.
Have you discovered and/or bought any awesome Star Wars goods recently? Or maybe have your eye on something? Tell me about them in the comments!
Every May and October my mom and I wake up at the ass crack of dawn to head to the Lodi Street Faire. Why so early? To get first dibs on all the goods, of course! In May I wrote a post with 10 tips about shopping at these kinds of things (Tip #10: Get there early).
You can find the aforementioned post here.
We ended up getting there around 7 am (an hour later than we would’ve liked), but I still managed to score a bunch of awesome swag. My first find was a vintage Wicket coin bank (I love Ewoks, and my dog looks like one — I had to have it). The vendor originally asked for $10, then I asked if she’d take $8, and she was like, “Well, I originally wanted $15 for it… blah blah,” but then she went ahead and gave it to me for $8. LE WOOT! <– Tip #2: Don’t be afraid to negotiate.
Seriously, it doesn’t hurt to try and bargain with vendors. I have weird social anxiety issues, so I always had a problem doing this — my mom still has to encourage me to ask if they’ll lower the price. *nervous laughter* I think I’m getting a bit better at it though! And a lot of vendors are usually willing to negotiate the prices of their merchandise with shoppers.
Other items I scored:
- Snake bracelet (marked at $16, I asked for $10, but the lowest they’d go was $12)
- Nefertiti necklace ($5 — it kind of reminds me of my Mona Lisa necklace)
- Enamel horse pendant w/chain (marked at $32.50, I asked the vendor if they’d take it for $25 and I ended up getting it for $27 something because they added tax… weird)
- Japanese lion musical pendant ($10 — it winds up in the back and plays music!)
- Not pictured, but my mom and I also split on a box full of silk bow ties ($20)
It was nice and cold this morning and a cool breeze came in around 8, but by 11 the sun was blaring. Can’t the Central Valley just have real Fall weather already? I’m ready to wear cardigans, scarves, and boots ALL DAY LONG. I’ve been ready since Winter ended! D:
- scarf: Missoni for Target
- cardigan: Mossimo (Target)
- camisole: Xhiliration (Target)
- belt: some Target brand… I love Target, okay? Sheesh.
- jeggings: H&M
- boots: Madden Girl
- purse: Cynthia Rowley