Hey all! Kristin at My Life as a Teacup tagged me to answer 11 questions a loooooong time ago, so since I actually have time to sit and breathe I thought now would be the perfect time to FINALLY answer her questions 🙂
1. If you were given a one-way plane ticket, where would you go?:
I want to say Paris just because… y’know it’s Paris AND they have a super fancy Disneyland there, but I think I’d want a one-way ticket to Portland, OR. I haven’t been there since I was in diapers, but soooooo many people have told me that I’d totally love it there and from what I’ve heard I think I would. 🙂
2. What’s the first thing you do once you wake up in the morning?:
I check my emails and Instagram feed on my phone. x__x
3. If you could go back to live in any time period or era, which would you choose?:
I’m totally content with living in the 21st century with all our advanced technologies and plumbing systems and the fact that most of the population are tolerant towards interracial relationships (people would be looking at me funny in the 60s with my white beau, can you imagine?!). But if I could travel back via the TARDIS I’d love the visit the late 70s/early 80s and watch a Queen concert. Freddie Mercury FOREVER! I’d also love to see The Police <3
4. Who’s your literary character crush?
I liked Edward Cullen for a minute, but then I realized he’s a super creepy possessive stalker douchebag that would be terrible at spooning on account of the fact that his body is supposed to be as hard as marble. Seriously WTF, Bella? I had a bit of a thing for Robert Langdon from Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code since I pictured him as an Indiana Jones type, but then Tom Hanks kind of ruined it for me. Sorry, Hanx. I love you! You are my favorite actor, but you just weren’t what I pictured for my dreamy professor! But as far as fictional characters in the realm of TV and movies go, I love me some Ned the Pie Maker from Pushing Daisies. He’s adorable, sweet, and he can bake pies for you. What. Is. Up.
5. What is one challenge that initially terrified you, but you persevered through to overcome?
I landed my very first retail gig about a month ago, and for the sake of anonymity and not getting in trouble with the company I won’t say what store I work at, but the thought of being a cashier has ALWAYS freaked me out. By now I’ve been at the register so many times and I’m pretty used to it. There are moments where I have brain farts with counting change and then I feel terrible about it, but it’s really not as horrible as I thought it would be. Plus some customers have told me I’m a good salesperson, so YAY!
6. Tell me a story about the most cherished of your senses (a particular memory tied to the scent of baking gingerbread, a sound that strikes fear into your heart, be creative!)
I don’t think I have an exact memory of a certain sense, but I do find the smell of chlorine quite pleasant. It can be an obnoxious scent at times, but it reminds me of all the times I spent swimming in the pool as a kid and it also reminds me of Disneyland! It’s just a scent that I connect with good times from days gone by.
7. What is one movie/show/book/video game that you’re looking forward to seeing/reading/playing in 2013?
Doctor Who‘s 50th anniversary special!!! I can’t wait to see how Rose Tyler and the 10th Doctor will be incorporated. David Tennant was a fantastic Doctor, so it’s definitely going to be a treat for all Whovians to see him don his striped suit and white Chucks once more 🙂
8. Favorite pancake flavor? (I’m partial to blueberry!)
I’m more of a waffle person, they’re like pancakes but with more depth (literally!). Belgian waffles with strawberries and whipped cream has been a tried and true favorite since I was a kid!
9. What is the last book you read?
I honestly can’t even remember — possibly An Abundance of Katherines or The Catcher in the Rye (which was eons ago a.k.a. sometime last year). I’ve started a few books, but have yet to pick them back up. My mind keeps wandering whenever I attempt to read. I don’t know why it’s so hard for me to focus now, and I REALLY hate it! Perhaps I should look into audiobooks…?
10. Who would you choose to play you in a movie of your life?
I don’t know what actress looks like me. My friend Shanice said she’d cast Lindsay Price to play me in a movie. But maybe America Ferrera? The make-up people would have to do her eye makeup to make her look Asian though. And Tom Hiddleston would play my boyfriend because my boyfriend quasi resembles him. 😀
11. If you had to choose a single word to serve as a focus or goal for 2013, which would it be?
“Forward,” because I need to keep moving in that direction.
- Who is your favorite Disney princess and why? We all have one, so don’t dare say you don’t!
- What song must you play at full blast and sing along to in the car?
- What’s your poison? (I stick to water for the most part, but I do love me some Root Beer)
- What’s your favorite kind of dessert?
- If Ben & Jerry made a namesake ice cream for you like 30 Rock‘s Liz Lemon, what ingredients would you want them to include in it?
- If you knew you were dying tomorrow what would be your last meal? (I’m so hungry, can you tell by my questions?)
- What is your most prized possession?
- What are you currently obsessed with? (movie, tv show, book, music etc)
- What movie can you recite word for word (or at least 85% of)?
- Are there any fashion trends you fell victim to that you immensely regret? (I rocked a vinyl mini backpack and short sleeve velvet turtlenecks, but it was the 90s and I was 10 so I guess it’s okay…?)
- Say we’re living in the realm of Harry Potter and you are a witch — what would your patronus be and why? If you’re not into Harry Potter (but seriously, why wouldn’t you be?!) what/who would your spirit animal be and why?