I’m at Disneyland today with my sister and bruv-in-law. Hooray! Long story short, I missed renewing my Annual Pass by ONE day and after speaking to a cast member, I was told I could still receive the $60 discount and $0 down payment as long as I do it in person at the park before the 17th. So… here I am. ¯_(ツ)_/¯
Talk about first world problems, huh?
The last time I went was right before Comic-Con and since it would be my first time going on Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout, I had to dress for the occasion with my Rocket Raccoon t-shirt from Fifth Sun and my galaxy print skirt. I was super anti-Mission Breakout because Tower of Terror was one of my all-time favorite rides, but I started warming up to it when I saw what they were doing with the structure back in April, and then Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was amazing, so I changed my tune. My thoughts? IT IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN TOWER OF TERROR. There. I said it. I love how super involved Rocket is with the whole ride experience too because he’s my fave. And it only made my outfit for the day even more appropriate 🙂
If you’re a huge Disnerd and happen to be on Instagram, you might be familiar with @bluewallpics — an IG account dedicated to cool OOTD (outfit of the day) and Disneybound photos taken in front of the blue wall that resides in the Hollywood Backlot area of Disney’s California Adventure. It’s the perfect spot to take pics because the natural light is on point, so my sister and I finally went and to document our outfits. I didn’t even use a filter or tweak them on Photoshop (I mean… I don’t even have Photoshop anymore, but that’s besides the point).
Are you a Tower of Terror purist? Have you gone on Mission Breakout yet? Know of any other super secret spots to take great pics at Disneyland? Who’s your favorite member of the Guardians of the Galaxy? Let’s talk about it in the comments!
t-shirt: Fifth Sun (buy here) | shoes: Vans (buy here)
skirt: Hot Topic (buy here)
photos taken by Carmel Malixi
Welcome to another Wookiee Wednesday! Ever since Force Friday, us Star Wars fangirls (and boys) have been bombarded with all kinds of superb clothes and accessories from various different companies to fulfill our geeky fashion needs. To say it’s been seriously overwhelming is an understatement. I am constantly having to tell myself to cool my jet-packs (heh) and put my wallet away. There’s just soooOoOoOoo MUCH to chose from! What’s a fangirl to do?!
I started getting a little overwhelmed when choosing which accessories and whatnot to feature, but then I decided to narrow it down on things from the lighter side of the Force. I’m always “dark side this, and dark side that,” so I think it’s time to restore some balance on the blog. 🙂
1. Han Solo purse by Sent From Mars | 2. R2D2 necklace from HSN
3. Chewbacca raglan from JCPenney| 4. Wicket purse by Loungefly
5. BB-8 t-shirt by Fifth Sun | 6. R2-D2 heels by Irregular Choice
- I am a self professed bag hag and huge Han Solo fan, so when I saw this Han purse by Sent From Mars my fangirl heart exploded! The details are insane! I am so willing to get rid of all my basic black purses to make room for this one in my collection.
- Is this the droid I’ve been looking for? ME THINKS SO. After Her Universe announced that they would have some merch on HSN, I took a look online afterwards and saw that they have some gorgeous Star Wars jewelry, including this blingy R2 necklace. — insert heart eye emojis —
- JC Penney is slayin’ it with their Star Wars apparel right now! I have a couple of tees that I picked up there, but this Chewie raglan was nowhere to be found in my size while I was shopping. For now, I shall just admire it from afar.
- Novelty purses are so much fun, so I’m so excited that Loungefly has been coming out with tons of cute ones as of late. When I saw this Wicket one pop up online a few weeks ago I nearly choked on my spit from gasping so violently at the site of it because OMG LOOK AT HOW CUTE IT IS!!!!!
- Soooo, I actually own this BB-8 tee! I bought it from Fifth Sun after they released a bunch of new Force Awakens tees since they were having a sale. The movie hasn’t even come out yet and everyone already loves BB-8. But really, how could you not?
- I’m not a high heels kind of girl. If I’m going to some extra oomph in my step I prefer wedges because they’re more stable. BUT HOLY EFFIN’ SPACE BALLS. These shoes by Irregular Choice have R2 on them!!!! I’ve been a long admirer of the quirky unicorn Irregular Choice heels ModCloth always seems to have in stock, but these R2 ones? Stop it. JUST STOP. I love how they’re so gaudy, girly, and utterly geeky. Those are all my favorite things rolled into one item! Waaaaannnntttt.
Have you discovered and/or bought any awesome Star Wars goods recently? Or maybe have your eye on something? Tell me about them in the comments!
On Wednesdays my friend Brianna and I always wear something Star Wars related to work and have dubbed the day “Wookiee Wednesday.” We used to dress up in Star Wars duds on Tuesdays, but since we don’t see each other on Tuesdays this semester anymore, we settled for Wednesdays. Technically, I wore this outfit on Monday, but whatever! And in case you’re wondering, yes, I am wearing something Star Wars related today (my Rescuers/Star Wars mash-up tee by James Hance and some Rebellion earrings!).
I’m going to attempt to bring Wookiee Wednesday to Le Fancy Geek too! Maybe it’ll be an outfit post, or maybe it’ll be a toy review… who knows?! But don’t be surprised if I blog about Star Wars on a day other than Wednesday. It cannot be helped; the Fandom is strong with me.
This Darth Vader pullover was one of my Force Friday finds from when I went to Target at midnight. It’s super cozy and goes with everything! And if you saw last night’s post, you might recognize the Wanderlust + Co bib necklace I get to borrow thanks to Rocksbox. When I first opened up my package from them and saw this necklace, it immediately just made me think of how great it would look with my Darth Vader pullover. Nothing says “Darth Vader” like a fancy sparkly necklace, am I right?
BTW, 71 MORE DAYS UNTIL STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS COMES OUT!!!! Are any of you flipping the hell out too?!
It is seriously an amazing time to be a Star Wars fan right now! And also kind of terrible because all the amazing new merch hasn’t been to kind on my wallet. I mean… I know I don’t NEED to buy all these things, but I’m a terrible shopaholic and have a hard time saying “no.” Although, I am pretty proud of myself for putting down a BB-8 and Captain Phasma watch at Kohl’s last week because I told myself that I really didn’t need them. Baby steps, guys. Baby steps. Or BB-steps? HA! See what I did there. I’m so punny.
pullover: Fifth Sun (buy here) | skirt: Old Navy
bib necklace: Wanderlust + Co. c/o Rocksbox | shoes: deflex Comfort (buy here)
PS: If you dig the necklace I’m wearing, you can use the code CHEZFANCYPANTSXOXO to receive 1 free month of Rocksbox. Check out my review of it here to find out more.
— GIVEAWAY NOW CLOSED —
If you follow Le Fancy Geek regularly, you know how obsessed I am with paring any garment that’s adorned with floral prints with something geeky. It’s my most favorite combination! Well, Fifth Sun has a wide array of cute geeky tanks and tees and a few of them combine flowers with some of my fave characters from Marvel Comics and Star Wars! I feel like they were made just for me!! The folks at Fifth Sun were gracious enough to send me one tank of my choice to review too. I seriously spent an hour and half browsing their web store before I decided to get this tank with Thor’s hammer Mjolnir, or as I like to call it “mew-mew.” I’m itching to get a Star Wars tank or tee in the near future though. I think I was just overwhelmed with their Star Wars selection because they have so many cute ones that it was impossible to settle on just one.
The only thing that I was slightly worried about was how the tank would fit me. I border between XL and XXL in tops (#bigboobproblems), and the largest size they carry in women’s is an XL. That being said, the tank isn’t too snug on me (their tops fit like junior’s sizes), but I tend to tuck my tees and tanks into my skirts and wear cardigans all the time anyway so I have no issues with the way it fits me. And how perfect does it look with my pink pleated skirt and mint cropped cardigan? Hella perfect! That’s how perfect! I wore this outfit to the first Bay Area Geek Girl Brunch meet-up last weekend (sans the crinoline) since it had a Marvel Comics theme. I think the addition of the crinoline underneath my skirt gave my ensemble a geeky retro pin up vibe too, which is a look I’ve been gravitating towards a lot lately.
Overall, I’m pretty much like: This tank. I like it. ANOTHER!
But which one do I choose?!
And now for the part I’m sure you’ve all been waiting for: Fifth Sun is giving two of you lucky ponies the chance to win one tank of your choice! I’ll be picking one winner via Instagram and one from the comments section of this blog post. ☺
To enter for a chance to win a tank from Fifth Sun, you must do the following:
- You must have a public Instagram account to enter via Instagram.
- You can repost the picture once a day until the last day of the contest (Friday, September 2 @ 11:59 pm).
- Only leave ONE comment on the blog for entry.
- The giveaway is open to U.S. residents only.
- Giveaway starts Friday, August 28 and ends September 4 @ 11:59pm PST.
Good luck, my little ponies! And if you don’t win, don’t worry. Fifth Sun will be giving me a special coupon code for all my readers to use after the giveaway ends next week, so stay tuned for that. ☺
Thor tank: c/o Fifth Sun (buy here) | cardigan: Old Navy (buy here)
skirt: Mossimo (buy here) | crinoline: Tatyana Boutique (buy here)
shoes: America Rag (n/a) | glasses: Derek Cardigan (buy similar here)
belt: A|X (n/a) | hair flower: Icing (n/a)
FTC Disclosure: This is a sponsored post as Fifth Sun sent me a tank top to review. I was compensated with it along with two more tank tops to giveaway to one of my readers and one of my Instagram followers. All opinions expressed are honest and my own.